Business Development Executive, US Real Estate - New York, NY
Oxford Economics, a leading global economic research and consultancy firm, is looking to hire a BDE to drive growth in subscription sales within the US Real Estate sector.
This position will be responsible for building the subscription business across an assigned territory, supporting the VP, North America Real Estate (NA RE) and Business Development Manager (BDM), for the South and South East Region. The BDE will focus on selling subscription services to targeted customer lists with a specific focus on Oxford’s economic, tourism & real estate services. Target firms include RE Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Brokers and Advisors, Developers, Investment and Asset Managers, Pension Funds, Family Offices.
This position will be an integral part of Oxford’s growth plans for US and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry. The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
- Through market analysis, identify key individuals and companies within the territory with the purpose of arranging new business meetings to provide demonstrations of OE services
- Initiate sales of Oxford Economics subscription services, through phone sales, web demos and face to face meetings.
- Respond in a timely manner to any leads and enquiries.
- Working with the VP, NA RE, BDM and marketing team, coordinate sector business development initiatives and build a pipeline for the respective sector and territory.
- Maintain a knowledge of economic, real estate and business trends to facilitate conversations with clients
- Develop a strong knowledge of subscription products and become proficient at providing demonstrations of the services
- Support the VP, NA RE and BDM throughout the sales process.
- Become proficient at using the sales resource tools available to you
- Ensure contact details of new leads and prospects are recorded in Salesforce. Ensure all sales activity and outcomes from meetings and calls are recorded in Salesforce.
- Liaise with marketing to invite prospects to webinars, roundtables and events.
- Follow up on marketing campaigns to promote subscription services.
- Liaise as appropriate with other regional and global real estate sales heads to identify sales opportunities, manage existing real estate clients, and support cross-border sales as required.
- Provide feedback and suggest product improvements to product teams, based on client interaction and competitor analysis
Skills and Experience: Required
- A degree from a recognized university
- A proven, demonstrable sales track record, with at least 3 years of experience
- Experience of selling in a B2B environment
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Candidate must have strong presentation and writing skills
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Salesforce experience required.
- Must be a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals
- Must be a team player
- Fluent English
Skills and Experience: Desired
- Experience selling data, software or information services into real estate firms
- Economic or Real Estate related degree
- Experience within the real estate sector
- Research, economic or business sales experience
- Experience selling to international markets across EMEA is an advantage
- Any other Languages
- Existing contacts at UK or EMEA real estate firms
When you join the team, you will receive excellent training, opportunities to be creative and expand your skills base as well as gain new experience in a dynamic role. OE celebrates talent and diversity with each office having a unique, international atmosphere.
Oxford Economics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on more than 200 countries, 250 industrial sectors, and 7,000 cities and regions. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe in Belfast, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Houston, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We employ 400 full-time staff, including more than 250 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
Oxford Economics is a key adviser to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 2,000 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.
Topics: Careers in the US