Job Vacancy - Oxford Economics - Finance Manager - MAT Cover - Sydney
BIS Oxford Economics, a leading economic research and consultancy firm, is looking to hire a maternity cover for the Finance Manager to manage our finance team in Australia and coordinate our Finance requirements across the Group.
This role is an integral part of Oxford’s growth plans and is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company at the forefront of the industry. The key responsibilities within this role are as follows:
The Finance Manager position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
The position includes being responsible for cash and risk management.
Update the current management information to help analysis performance by both senior management and the Board. This should include:
- Produce management pack (Team Profit and Loss Reports, Sales and Revenue reports by product, Project Management Report, Utilisation Report)
- KPI variance analysis
- Budget framework enabling budgets to be set-up, what if scenarios run, forecasts based on actuals and reporting.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the accounting operations of the finance department, ensuring controls and that it achieves the department's goals and objectives, both locally and within the group’s global context.
Delivering the key financial information across the business with the main emphasis on the Australia business.
Accounting and Financial Management: Ensure sound financial principles and systems are in place and fully utilized for the growth and sustainability of the business and manage the full accounting function for the organisation. This includes
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts as well as all journals and adjustments
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
Budgets and Reporting: Ensure required reports and budgets are prepared and analysed and information is available and used by Business Unit Managers to make sound business decisions to deliver the organisation’s goals. Add:
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide financial analyses as needed
Ensure that statutory and tax requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner.
Skills and Experience: Required
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Fully Qualified Accountancy Qualification
- 5+ years of relevant experience post qualification
- Must be highly organised and able to manage multiple projects at once
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals
- Must be a team player
- Ability to adapt and deliver change in addition to technical aptitude and a desire to advance
Skills and Experience: Desired
- No experience of a specific accounting package or systems required but must be familiar with using an accounting package/software, ideally SAP Business by Design
- Knowledge of CRM system, ideally Salesforce
- A desire to meet and achieve goals
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Effective problem solving, time management and organisation skills
- Candidate must have strong presentation and writing skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
How to apply
Please click Apply Now to send your CV (resumé) and complete the online application form. The closing date for applications is 22nd November 2021.
About BIS Oxford Economics
Following the acquisition of BIS Shrapnel by Oxford Economics in 2017 a new entity was formed called BIS Oxford Economics which forms part of the Oxford Economics Group. This was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on 200 countries, 100 industrial sectors and over 4,000 cities. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore and Sydney, Oxford Economics has 24 offices across the globe. We employ over 350 full-time people, including more than 250 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
Oxford Economics is a key adviser to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Our worldwide client base now comprises over 700 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; key government bodies and trade associations; and top universities, consultancies, and think tanks.
Topics: Careers in Australia