Research Associate, Thought Leadership - London
Oxford Economics, a leading global economic research and consultancy firm, is looking to hire a Research Associate for the Thought Leadership Team.
As a Research Associate, you will assist members of the Thought Leadership team to produce programs that enable sponsors to engage a targeted executive audience with compelling quantitative research and well-written publications. The right candidate will have an interest in using data to develop insights, working with data suppliers and colleagues in the editorial team. They must be proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and have an interest in developing their capabilities in other data analysis tools, such as Tableau and PowerBI. Familiarity with global management practices and corporate strategy is a plus, as is an understanding of how to create compelling presentations and infographics.
This is an entry role that provides good development opportunities, particularly as the fast growing Thought Leadership team expands its data analysis and presentation capabilities, in response to client demand and the availability of more sophisticated tools. Though based in London, the role requires working closely with clients and colleagues around the world, often working on projects with colleagues in our US offices.
Research and Analysis
- Assist editors in conducting the necessary desk research to ensure the accuracy, currency, and comprehensiveness of the information in our published reports
- Help to draft online surveys related to sponsored research projects
- Review and quality-assure primary research data (e.g., survey responses)
- Contribute to survey analysis to develop data insights
- Assist in building charts, graphs, dashboards, and data visualizations
- Assist editors in checking quotes, facts, and data in reports
- Respond to client data queries, carrying out investigations as required
- Work with survey suppliers throughout research projects, from specifying requirements through to data delivery
- Manage survey fieldwork, including regular progress updates and receipt of interim and final deliverables
- Work with research managers to specify project data presentation and analysis requirements
- Manage supplier performance and escalate any issues as required
- Manage project and supplier documentation, including proposals, contracts, data files and client deliverables
- Maintain a library of project templates and data analysis best practices
- Work with other team members to ensure proper project time recording and accurate financial records
Marketing and Product Enhancements
- Follow up on marketing campaigns to sell various subscription services
- Help organize, and where needed manage marketing events to raise brand profile and increase sales opportunities
- Provide feedback and suggest product improvements to product teams, based on client interaction and competitor analysis
The metrics against which the research associate’s performance will be assessed include:
- Quality of data analysis, presentation, and other deliverables
- Completion of assignments on time and to the appropriate level of quality
- Accuracy and reliability of documentation and record keeping
- Feedback from editorial team and clients
Skills and Capabilities
Education and Training
- Good bachelors degree
- Awareness and interest in business, economic, and social trends
- Highly numerate, with some research and data analysis experience an advantage
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Interest in developing advanced analytical tools, with training provided
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with experience of supllier and project administration an advantage
- Detail-oriented and conscientious
- Self-starter, with can-do attitude
- Ability to hit deadlines and finish assignments quickly
- Flexible, able to react quickly to changing requirements
- Able to take direction
- Team player
How to Apply
Please click Apply Now to send your CV (resumé) and cover letter and complete the online application form.
About Oxford Economics
Oxford Economics was founded in 1981 as a commercial venture with Oxford University’s business college to provide economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, we have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on more than 200 countries, 250 industrial sectors, and 7,000 cities and regions. Our best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give us an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact.
Headquartered in Oxford, England, with regional centres in London, New York, and Singapore, Oxford Economics has offices across the globe in Belfast, Boston, Cape Town, Chicago, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Houston, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto. We employ 400 full-time staff, including more than 250 professional economists, industry experts and business editors—one of the largest teams of macroeconomists and thought leadership specialists. Our global team is highly skilled in a full range of research techniques and thought leadership capabilities, from econometric modelling, scenario framing, and economic impact analysis to market surveys, case studies, expert panels, and web analytics.
Topics: Careers in the UK