Job Vacancy - Oxford Economics - IT Support Analyst
As an IT Support Analyst, you will play a vital role in supporting all of our offices across the APAC region. This multifaceted role combines strategic advice, internal and external customer relationship management, project work and ‘hands-on’ deskside IT support. This role provides an exciting opportunity to develop the organisation’s systems while broadening your knowledge of new technology and trends. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive and continuously delivers to a high standard.
As an IT Support Analyst, your role involves collaborating and working closely with end-users and the IT Support Manager to provide technical support in a timely manner. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the internal Infrastructure. You will support all functions within the IT department that enable the delivery of a high-quality service to end-users and ensure Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. You will be familiar with Infrastructure, Communications, Cloud and Service Delivery capabilities. Your role will involve internal and external stakeholder management to establish and manage expectations for IT across the business. The IT Support Analyst role provides an exciting opportunity to develop the organisation’s systems while advancing your encouraging personal development to maintain awareness of new technology and trends.
- Accountable for IT Support in the APAC region
- Assist with the execution of the IT roadmap working with the IT Support Manager
- Accountable for the performance and availability of all services in APAC
- Design and implement short and long-term plans to ensure cloud infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure and cloud security measures.
- Test network performance, provide reports and recommendations based on the results
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for cloud administration.
- Ensure cloud and telephony services conform to the agreed compliance requirements set forth by current and planned accreditations and client requirements
- Maintain strong relationships with senior leaders and third-party suppliers
- Assist the Data Protection Officer and IT Support Manager in maintaining quality assurance and data protection
- First line troubleshooting of development systems.
- Seek opportunities to continuously optimise systems and processes, using stakeholder feedback, taking account of technological improvements and new design patterns with cloud technologies
- Support Business Continuity Plans with well-architected disaster recovery solutions that meet agreed RPO and RTO times
- You may, on occasion, be required to travel to our other offices within the Asia Pacific Region to provide on-site support when necessary.
Key Working Relationships
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards, including TCP/IP, OSI model, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 2012 onwards.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory and related components, including but not limited to, Users and Computer, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office 2016 onwards.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure, Cloud and Security systems planning and development following best practices and information security
- Strong Technical knowledge of Virtual Private Cloud technologies, including configuration management, networking, systems management, workload monitoring, Identity and Access Management and best practices
- Technical knowledge of data management and backup strategies
- Strong Technical knowledge of VoIP telephony systems
- Ability to monitor and manage hardware and software assets for compliance
- A significant track record of identifying and implementing improvements to data management systems and procedures
- Proven experience in the planning and implementation of information security best practices
- An exceptional communicator, you will have a natural ability to build rapport with people at all levels
- Ability to specify, procure and manage external technical services, to augment and/or deliver key aspects of the IT Support and Infrastructure
- Strong knowledge on data compliance and security, and experience of advancing related organisational knowledge and practice
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent Industry based Qualifications
- Industry based Qualifications, MCSE, MCP, MCT, CCNA desirable
- Advanced Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services accreditations
- Recognised accreditations in VoIP
- Ability to research, evaluate, and recommend new technologies and practices
- Virtualisation technology (Hyper-V)
- Powershell Scripting
- Sharepoint Online
- Some Unix Environment Skills may be helpful
- Detailed knowledge and experience of data best practice, data protection and legal requirements
- Experience of evaluating and procuring technical 3rd party services
- Experience developing business cases for complex technical projects and gaining support for those through internal decision-making bodies.
- Previous experience in planning and delivering IT change programmes
- Good project management skills and solid experience of working with IT departments on technical development projects
- Excellent stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills
How to apply
Applications will open in March 2021. Please click Apply Now to send your CV (resumé) and cover letter and complete the online application form. Your cover letter should explain how you meet our requirements
The deadline for applications is the 5th April 2021. However, early application is strongly recommended.
Topics: Careers in Australia